It's the time of the year to review on what we've done in this past 12 months and plan ahead for the future! I would like to segment my 2018 into these few categories.
1. Music / Career:
This year has been great! I'm so so fortunate to be signed to a music label!!! Special thanks to Jumuro for signing me as a songwriter. Right after getting signed around June, two songs have been published and aired on Radio and other major online platforms such as spotify! My very first time performing on air too. I'm so glad that some of my friends actually tuned in to radio and listen to me live <3 A VERY VERY BIG THANK YOU, GUYS!!! It means so so much. Here are the two songs that can be found on Youtube and also Spotify. Save them in your Spotify playlist now :)
Special thanks to everyone in Jumuro for putting so much effort in each and every projects they worked on. You can check out a lot of great talents in Malaysia via Jumuro's page here!
I've also managed to secure clients from Singapore! I did audio mixing for Mediacorp TV program in Singapore! It's called "Oktocup" You can watch the program here. This project is secured under my own music business www.jyismusic.com and is considered a big milestone! Special thanks to Steven for informing me about this job opportunity! If there's anyone who needs help in mixing, can contact me too :)
Another big THANK YOU to Hafiz for letting me to vocal produce the Chinese Version of Rhythm Doctor. His songs are so so so awesome and you guys should check out his game called Rhythm Doctor! All his music creations can be found in the game itself too! You will love both the game and the songs for sure <3 This is his game trailer to hook you into playing it hehe.
2. Personal Finance
2018 is where I started reading up on how to manage my finances and how to plan for future. I bought my very first stock in Bursa and also invested some in the US market. There are gains and there are losses.
*I really love those good dividend stocks in Malaysia. Too bad I still don't have enough savings to buy Public bank or Nestle yet haha.
Mmm..Just realized all my achievements are surrounded in audio/music related stuffs. Here are some things I've learnt in 2018.
1. When negotiating with clients, it's better to say "no" earlier, ask for more clarifications when the job descriptions aren't clear or too vague. This will lead to "bao ka liao". It causes you tons of pain later on.
2. What I've learnt from those stock losses: Never speculate and hold a stock that you would not want to own it for the next 10 years or so. Bottom line is, use "extra money" to invest. Set aside an emergency fund always :)
Moving on forward, 2019.
1. READ MORE! I would like to read more books, in cultivating my love for reading. I hope this will turn into a good habit. :) Target: 6 books in a year. My usual reading per year is about 1-3 books only :(
2. EXERCISE MORE! My health wasn't in a good shape since 2016. Would like to exercise at least 3 times per week.
3. WRITE MORE! Would love to write more songs and sell them hopefully. Still learning and improving my arranging skills. I'm confident with my mixing now, so would like to learn more on arranging :) If you have any recommendations on arranging, do share with me! Target: 1 song per month.
4. Diving? I would really wanna dive.
5. Youtube and blog once a month. This will keep my 2019 resolutions accountable :)
Call me G :)
Hi, my name is Jyi. I am the founder and engineer for JYISMUSIC! I help people produce their favourite songs/covers as well as provide services to companies like Mediacorp! Besides, music, I share things I like, such as food, travel, and some financial/investment tips I read :)
Do you have music projects you wanna discuss with me?